We aim to keep the number of developers on Blight as small and dedicated as possible. Ideally we’re looking for like-minded individuals who are prepared to stick with us through the long haul to completion. If you’re merely looking to jump around various projects, then this isn’t the project for you.
- Sufficient spare time to commit to the project
- Willing to work for a Royalty Share
- English Speaking
Listed below are our current, most in demand positions for the project. If there’s a role that isn’t on this list but you’d still interested in helping out on the project, don’t hesitate to enquire.
UE4 Blueprint Expert
We want to put together a small prototype demo of the game in UE4 and build upwards from it. General movement systems, basic features and some AI. We have plenty of technical documentation and even an existing prototype from Unity to assist with all of this as well.
Ideally we’re looking for someone who will develop a real interest in the project and really want to see it succeed.
We’re also working with Perforce, Trello and regular emails and Skype.
The ideal candidates will poses:
- Experience with UE4 and Blueprints
- Happy to work with Perforce
- A willingness to learn and improve. Frankly that’s what these projects tend to be all about. Meeting like-minded people, building something great and getting a lot of experience to boot. Oh and because it’s fun to do as well of course!
- A portfolio or some examples of your work. These don’t have to be too fancy, they just need to be sufficient to prove your ability. Even if you think they’re a little old and you’ve improved quite a lot. Don’t be shy!
- Enough spare time to dedicate to the project. We’re not going to expect you to be here 24/7 but do please ensure you have enough time to dedicate to the project. 14 hours per week minimum ideally.
What Can You Expect From Us?
Firstly, dedication and commitment. We want this project to succeed and we’re prepared to put in the hours to see it succeed. We’re looking for likeminded individuals who are prepared to stick with us through the long haul to completion.
You’ll get full credit for any of the work you do on the project, whether it’s visual or audio. We have no problem with you putting your contributions on your portfolio website either, all we ask is you credit any other members involved as well as the game.
Due to budget constraints, we’re unable to offer upfront payment. There are many royalty based projects out there and so you’re probably wondering why you should apply to this one over the others? We’re committed to seeing the project through competition, we have solid documentation and a realistic vision to see the project through to completion. We will secure funding on this project and your efforts will be rewarded.
Ideally we’re looking for new members who want to get involved and are prepared to stick with us through the long haul to completion. If however you just want to stick with us until the completion of the prototype, that’s fine too.
How to Apply?
You can apply using the contact form below, alternatively you send Mark (Project Lead) a direct email to email@example.com
Please add the job title you’re applying for in the subject and include a link to your portfolio and or any examples. Feel free to include any other information relevant to your application or even questions if you have any.
Thanks for showing an interest in joining our project and we look forward to hearing from you!